Nicky's Reviews > Peeps

Peeps by Scott Westerfeld

Apr 05, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: could-not-bear-to-finish, i-learnded-stuff, gave-me-creepy-crawlies, scary-shit-u-cant-see, science-fiction
Read from April 05 to August 31, 2012

I can't honestly say I gave this book a good shot but I was not really pulled in by the characters. I was just bored. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood and I'll come back to it one day, but I will not struggle through something I don't like when I have so many other awesome books waiting in line on my to-read list.
However that is not to say that I didn't find any merit in Peeps. Westerfeld does an amazing job of throwing in interesting bits of science that really fit into the story-- in this case biology and parasites. I like when I can learn something significant in my fiction without feeling like I'm sitting through a lecture.
I'll definitely try some of his other novels though. Polymorph sounds promissing (which I'm currently reading and like so far) and a friend recommended Uglies (which I'll get to eventually).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peeps.

05/05/2012 page 30
9.0% "I started and got sidetracked because I wasn't instantly pulled into the story... IDK, I think I'll come back to it eventually though."
06/21/2012 page 30
9.0% "Still haven't picked it back up..."