Cheri's Reviews > The Warehouse

The Warehouse by Rob Hart

1994963

bookshelves: 2019-reads, arc, audio, dystopian, netgalley, scifi

I ended up liking this book more than I initially thought I would. The plot was interesting and had twists that I didn't figure out. I love when that happens! Well, I love when it happens and the twists are somewhat believable...

The best kinds of fiction - particularly dystopian or horror - are those books that are plausible. I think this one fits into that category. The Cloud certainly could be an Amazon/Apple/Google mashup and we're already a gullible society when it comes to believing bullshit put out by corporations. There were plenty of points while reading when I nodded and thought that I know people who would fit well in this universe.

I initially got the ebook ARC from NetGalley but, as usually happens with me, I waited so long that I ended up listening to the audio book version. This is one of those books that I'd recommend reading it with your eyeballs instead of listening. It's not that the narrator did a bad job, but I had a tough time with her tone while narrating Zenia's POV. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I used my imagination.

I would absolutely recommend this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Warehouse.

December 6, 2019 – Started Reading
December 6, 2019 – Shelved
December 6, 2019 –
8.0% "Seems to be what we'll be like once Amazon finishes taking over the world."
December 9, 2019 –