Tari's Reviews > There's A Murder Afoot

There's A Murder Afoot by Vicki Delany

bookshelves: netgalley, 2020-ebooks, 2020-i-spy

It was so awesome to read about Gemma and all her West London, MA friends being together in London, England for a Sherlock Holmes event. I really liked her parents and Pippa her sister even grew on me. She was sort of mysterious but she and Grant started liking each other during the course of the trip, which turned into a little longer of a trip due to Gemma's dad being accused of murder.

Gemma usually investigated cases involving strangers but there was more at stake here, so it made her even more determined to find the real killer. I was definitely wrong about the killer, and there was a good twist at the end. The showdown was exciting, and even Sherlock-obsessed Donald Morris got in on helping out. During the trip, I got some giggles out of the times Ashleigh would contact Gemma about a few little issues they were having at the store. The one with Moriarty the cat and an author's shoes was really funny. I think this book is my favorite now in this series!

I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher. The book releases January 7, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There's A Murder Afoot.

December 6, 2019 – Shelved