JeanBookNerd's Reviews > Eona: The Last Dragoneye

Eona by Alison Goodman

5519230
Apr 05, 2012

bookshelves: reviews

Wow! There is nothing but good things I have to say about Alison Goodman’s Eona. Now that Eona is no longer disguised as a boy, she can now truly be herself. As a member of the resistance, she must set the kingdom to its rightful place after High Lord Sethon came into control.

The characters are very unique. In Eona, the characters are darker, mainly due to the falling of the Empire. They realize that times have changed as they are being hunted by rebels.

Eona is a beautiful story, thanks to Goodman’s brilliant writing approach. Fight scenes are so vivid that you feel all of the fueled emotions being poured out by the characters. The way she tells the story was so natural and every breathtaking scene, conversations, and adventures came to life right before your eyes. Goodman engages the reader easily that I couldn’t believe I was already half way through in such a short period of time.

This amazingly inventive series is so addictive. With every turn of the page, you feel like a part of the story and you can’t help but to invest more time with Eona to find out what is going to happen next. The book delivers everything you expect after reading Eon and then some. The ending gives satisfaction but Goodman leaves a few things to the imagination. It is a great followup to an already amazing book and I’m sure the next ones will even be better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eona.