Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Mirror Mage

Mirror Mage by Linsey Hall

Mirror Mage is book two in the Dragon's Gift: The Huntress by Linsey Hall.

This series has potential with the world and overall arc being appealing, but unfortunately the characters and world-building are underdeveloped and lacking.

In the Dragon's Gift: The Huntress series we get a little magic, a dash of paranormal with a dose of archeology and history. Mirror Mage takes place just after the first book, Ancient Magic.

Cass is a FireSoul, (what ever that means), masquerading as a Mirror Mage and Huntress. She's never used her FireSoul magic before and she does not trust it, so she’s struggling with her powers. Beside that she’s got a fear of being found out by the Order of Magica and/or the shifter Alpha Counsel, because for some reason they don’t like FireSouls. We still don’t know much of anything about the FireSoul’s, why they are so feared, hunted, etc… I wish the author would give us more information. Cass is also still being hunted by the Monster from her past. The author does give us a glimpse into Cass’s past; before her and her sisters woke up at fifteen in the middle of nowhere. That was intriguing information.

The story is fast-paced and moves along. Cass and Aidan go up against some nasty shifters and Magica while trying to find what the Alpha Counsel has lost. The author also gives us a bit of Aiden’s past and why he avoids and is not on the shifter Alpha Counsel.

The romance that is blooming. Cass and Aidan are attracted to each other. It’s a slow blooming romance, but also a little blasé.

Mirror Mage was just ok. I’m not sure if I’m going to continue on. I might when I have Kindle Unlimited I just don’t know. I keep hoping for the books to improve and develop more, but we still have the same flat characters, lack of world building, and a romance that is eh. I'm just not won over yet.

Rated: 3 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mirror Mage.

December 5, 2019 – Started Reading
December 8, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-for-the-love-of-ebooks
December 8, 2019 – Shelved as: 3-stars
December 8, 2019 – Shelved as: bought
December 8, 2019 – Shelved as: kindle-own-library

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulously reviewed Angela!!💞😉💋👍

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Fabulously reviewed Angela!!💞😉💋👍"

Thank you!