Lindsay's Reviews > Entice

Entice by Jessica Shirvington

Apr 05, 2012

Let me go on the record as saying that I'm not a religious person. I'm not denying the existence of God, or any other higher power, but neither do I pray or worship. My own beliefs aside, I do not judge others for their own religious views. That being said, when a book begins to preach religion to me, I get a little put off. I will usually smack myself in the face, and tell myself to loosen up, but it's still there, that little niggling shadow. As I start to read a book about angels, my hackles begin to rise. Am I about to feel like a sinner? This series manages to discuss, not just angels, but even a little bit of religion, without making me feel overwhelmed, or bad about myself in any way. It doesn't force anything on me, and I am completely free to enjoy the plot and characters, without distraction.

The plot was complex, but not in an overly complicated way. There were brief hints and foreshadowing, and I loved that it wasn't so obvious that I had it all worked out. The element of surprise is too often underrated. I also want to give a huge thank you to Ms. Shirvington for providing enough reminders about the first book. It has been over a year since I read it, and when I started reading this second book, I almost had a panic attack. Full on hyperventilating! (not really...) I am a parent with small children! I can retain nothing in my miniscule memory that doesn't directly pertain to the children's eating, sleeping or health. While a full scale synopsis of the first book wouldn't have been turned down, there were enough reminders that I could put two and two together.

Despite the large cast of characters, there are really only two, in my opinion. Violet and Lincoln. Yup. The others characters are great, sure, but the chemistry between these two is so electric, I couldn't get enough of them. Ahhh... forbidden love. Is there anything hotter? From my hazy memories of the first book, I had been really conflicted with the *inevitable* love triangle. Phoenix makes Bad look Good! I was a little disappointed that he doesn't play a larger part in the second book, but I just know that he'll be making some waves in the third one, Emblaze. And you know I'll be reading it soon!

And tell me the US covers aren't HOT, right?! I am not a fan of the UK ones, AT ALL! They are just too soft and gentle for such a strong woman, such as Violet. She can definitely pull off the leather pants and corsets.

[image error]CRHEADER

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entice.

April 5, 2012 – Shelved
May 29, 2013 – Started Reading
May 29, 2013 –
0.0% "It's been more than a year since I read the first book. I can't remember a thing. *sigh* Authors need to start putting in a synopsis of the last book at the beginning of the sequel."
May 31, 2013 – Finished Reading