Rebecca's Reviews > Oprah

Oprah by Kitty Kelley

Apr 05, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: chicklit, tv

Ahh, the unauthorized bio from Kitty Kelly! You know you are in for a good time when you pick up her shit. Oddly, I never had before and I don't really know why I picked up this one as I don't really care about Oprah all that much. Well, whatever! I am always up for learning something new that even if I don't care about, I wonder why a lot of people do. The big topics in this book were weight and race. I remember all shit that went down with her weight and stuff but maybe because I grew up in LA and race wasn't a big deal like it was in the South when she grew up. I liked the parts about before she was famous and stuff and then once the book started getting into the business side of things, I was like all confused with the names and times of everything. The book was very issue based as well, which chapters dedicated entirely to issues her show dealt with which was kind of interesting as a lot of it was in the 80's and 90's and that was before I really cared. I wish the booked talked more about her spin off things, but oh well. Some of the quotes and things on record were lame. All in all, only an interesting read if you care at all about Oprah, which I do not, especially these days.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oprah.