Clare's Reviews > When Did I Get Like This?: The Screamer, the Worrier, the Dinosaur-Chicken-Nugget-Buyer, and Other Mothers I Swore I'd Never Be

When Did I Get Like This? by Amy   Wilson

Apr 05, 2012

Recommended for: Susan, Ellen, Anne
Read from April 01 to 11, 2012

I wish Amy Wiilson could come to my house for a playdate. We have a lot in common!

This is one of the most helpful parenting books I've read - I think it makes my Top 4 list. The author is very candid about how emotionally and physically exhausting motherhood can be while also capturing how blessed motherhood is. Wilson is practical and writes with an honest voice.

Wilson says all of the things that I think most moms feel but are reluctant to share. As a result, we all end up feeling disconnected and disappointed with our experiences. Moms need to share more of these feelings and strategies for coping - if we know these experiences are "normal," then the rough days will feel more bearable and we'll feel more confident as we deal with each challenge.

And yes, moms who work outside the home have the same frustrations. This book should appeal to moms universally. That is another thing that I enjoyed about this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Did I Get Like This?.