Donna Weaver's Reviews > Sandover Beach Melodies

Sandover Beach Melodies by Emma St. Clair

WHAT IT'S ABOUT
he broke her own rules…

...you can’t fall in love when you’re on the run.
After rebuilding her life on Sandover Island, Mercer got comfortable. Too comfortable. She started to believe in fresh starts and second chances. And she made the biggest mistake of all: she fell in love.

Beau wants more. The harder he pushes at Mercer's walls, the stronger they seem to be. She gives him an inch, then steps back a mile. He knows she's worth the fight, if only she will give him her trust.

Mercer knows it's only a matter of time until her past catches her. She isn't safe, not even in Beau’s strong arms. She can’t escape what she left behind and he won't want her if he knows her secret shame.

Can Beau and Mercer build a future or will the past tear it all down?

MY TAKE
Loved this book so much. It was on my mind while I was doing other things and couldn't read. We met Beau and Mercer in the first book, and it was a delight to see them come together. Tough road though. Mercer's life is a lie, and that's a tough enough in a relationship but especially when you're falling in love with someone who's just been asked to fill in as an interim youth pastor. The story deals with the issue of psychological as well as physical abuse. Know the bad buy was bound to eventually show up added a lot of tension to the story.

I've already started reading the next book, The Sandover Beach Christmas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sandover Beach Melodies.

November 30, 2019 – Started Reading