UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish's Reviews > A Wild Night's Bride

A Wild Night's Bride by Victoria Vane

A Wild Night’s Bride, the first book in the The Devil DeVere series, is a sexy historical romance and is, as I’ve come to expect from this author, filled with humor, passion, and a fun, sinfully sexy storyline. Once again I’ve been whisked away to Georgian England, this time for a comical adventure taking place in the form of a challenge!
“I have a proposal.” All eyes turned to the Prince of Wales, grinning like a monkey escaped from the aforementioned Royal Menagerie. “And one that has certainly never been done before. But I fear, even you, DeVere, may not wish to risk the consequences.”

“And why not?” asked DeVere.

“Because failing would mean much more than the loss of your gold. It would almost certainly land you in the tower.”

“Indeed?” All trace of boredom had left DeVere’s face. “I am fascinated to hear more, Your Highness. What would you lay before me?”

“I challenge you this night to take a woman of pleasure into the Bed of State at St. James Palace and bring back to me the soiled monogrammed sheet as proof.”

“You wish me to defile the king’s bed with a whore?” DeVere roared with unbridled mirth.

The prince smiled. “A bit crudely put, but precisely.”
Phoebe Alice Scott, also known as Kittie Willis, wants so desperately to be an actress that she'll do just about anything to make her dream come true. Sir Edward Chambers, Ned to his friends, is a widower of four years and such a noble fellow that he'll do just about anything to keep Phoebe from doing something stupid. And Viscount Ludovic DeVere, more commonly referred to as The Devil DeVere, a shameless rake, would love nothing more than to thwart Ned, assist Phoebe, while doing it all in the name of friendship. Together, the three of them take us on a wild ride filled with twists and turns, machinations and maneuverings that are sure to have you giggling one minute and fanning yourself the next, and most definitely enjoying yourself every step of the way!

This delightfully sinful ebook was provided by Breathless Press and author Victoria Vane in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wild Night's Bride.

04/16/2016 marked as: read

Jill Great review, Dhes!

Lisa Nice! Can't wait to read this one :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, girls!! I just love Victoria Vane's storytelling. The historical aspect is great, but these are super steamy and this one in particular was funny!!

message 4: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Dhes! Erotic HR?? Gosh, I am so sold!

message 5: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Apr 05, 2012 12:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks!!!

Yep... this one is NOT heavy erotica by any stretch, but definitely more than just HR sex gives us.

Kristen I look forward to reading this book. Great review, Dhes.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Kristen!!!

Wendy Great review as always Dhes! You are so good with words. ;)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Wendy wrote: "Great review as always Dhes! You are so good with words. ;)"

That's 'cuz I use so many of them LOL!!

Thanks, doll! *hugs*

message 10: by Vickie (new) - added it

Vickie Enjoyed your review Dhestiny, as usual. Always on the lookout for a first rate, good historical romance, so of course, this one has already been added to my TBR list. Thanks! ;)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Vickie, and you're welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

message 12: by Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* (last edited May 05, 2012 10:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* Great review, Dhes! Just purchased this today on Kindle and looking forward to reading it.

message 13: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited May 05, 2012 05:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks!! I hope you love it, Carol!

Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads OMG this sounds really good. Funny, but hot. And that book trailer...I just discovered that book trailers existed yesterday (blush) and I swear, they are suckering me in big time!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish LOL!!! I hope you love it, Giulia!

Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads I have a story to share with you later about the trouble I went through to get this ebook....

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish OH NO!!! LOL! Do tell!

message 18: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth I just bought this book, it looks like it will be really good.

KatLynne Reading this now Dhes! I just couldn't wait any longer:) Fantastic review!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you, my lovely!!! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

KatLynne I've finished the first two books Dhes and now can't wait to get to DeVere:)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Awesome!!!! I hope you have the last 2 cuz you'll want to read them back to back ;)

KatLynne UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Awesome!!!! I hope you have the last 2 cuz you'll want to read them back to back ;)"

I've got them Dhes:) Going to start #3 this week:)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish For a limited time you can get this book free by joining the author's group here on Goodreads!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Great review Dhestiny!Can hardley wait to get my hands on just the 1st book. These books are so popular! I cant get the 1st book at amazon.ca its always out of stock,and Kobo only has her 2nd book :(

Duchess Nicole Wonderful review, Dhes, and thanks for posting about the group. I've been wanting to start this series for a while now.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Sandi and Nicole!!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Sandi and Nicole!!

Sandi, she's giving away book 1. Just follow the link at the top of my review :)"

Thanks Dhestiny but its ebook only,and I have that stupid Kobo which I cant download it to,Im waiting till Amazon has it in PB.

message 30: by Victoria (last edited Sep 17, 2012 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Victoria Vane Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Sandi and Nicole!!

Thanks Dhestiny but its ebook only,and I have that ..."

Hi Sandi!
I saw your comment and wanted to let you know that the first two books in this series ARE available in print as THE DEVIL DEVERE VOLUME I.
Here's the Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Devil-DeVere-1-... The Devil DeVere Volume I by Victoria Vane

message 31: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Sep 17, 2012 12:27PM) (new) - added it

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Sandi and Nicole!!

Thanks Dhestiny ..."

Thanks Victoria..Im in Canada so the shipping would cost me $10.00 at Amaazon .com! Amazon.ca has this but its been out of stock:( Very popular here:)

Victoria Vane Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Sandi and Nicole!!

..."

I'll have to check with my publisher on that! Why can't you use EPUB or PDF on your Kobo? I believe both fomats are supported.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Sandi and Nicole!!

Sandi, she's giving away book 1. Just follow th..."

It does,but I cant download from somewhere other than Kobo as it wont open or go into my ereader. I have tried this and the file wont open. I won a ebook from another author and we had so many problems with this she kindly just "gifted" the book and that worked! I think I have to download certain applications in order to transfer from one to the other and Im NOT computer savvy enough for that. I only know Kobo only supports their own books:(

Victoria Vane Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Sandi and Nicole!!

Sandi, she's giving away book ..."

Ah! I see. I'm sorry!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Sandi and Nicol..."

Will you be adding the 1st book and the others at Kobo..so I can check for in the future? Will you be bringing out the other books in PB as well?

message 36: by Victoria (last edited Sep 17, 2012 02:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Victoria Vane Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks..."

Hi Sandi!
I just emailed my publisher to inquire why Kobo doesn't have all the books yet. And yes, A DEVIL NAMED DEVERE is the paperback version of THE DEVIL YOU KNOW and THE DEVIL'S MATCH. It is being edited and should be released within a couple of weeks.
A Devil Named DeVere The Devil DeVere Vol. II by Victoria Vane

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Unique..."

Yah-hoo! That is SO great thank you so much Victoria for "greasing some elbows!" III be keeping my eyes peeled for their showing up. Its hard when everyone has read & given such great reviews and you want to read & join in and cant get the book or Kobo only has one out of the series and no others. And I want them all! Thank you again..made my day:) now III just have to join the group so when I get them I can join in:)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Sandi, have you called Kobo support? You are supposed to be able to do this, so I'd insist they help you.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Sandi, have you called Kobo support? You are supposed to be able to do this, so I'd insist they help you."

They support their OWN books and help you there,not others from other sources..again I would have to dowload 2 applications one to put the book into two to transfer the book to my library then transfer to the ereader..tried that after all that downloading and I got the book into my library and it wouldnt open
"so now I have a cover of a book there that wont open nor can I delete. Im just as happy to wait and buy the books much easier and less stressful.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I'm sorry, Sandi. It's so freaking frustrating that you can't read it now. :(

Good luck, sweetie.

Karla Great review Dhes! Just love this series and I'm so happy for all of Victoria's success...well deserved!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Karla! I've enjoyed every single story!

message 43: by Jill (new)

Jill I have had this on my Kindle forever, I will definitely move it up the list.

message 45: by Toni (new)

Toni Okay, what am I missing (other than possibly another great book) ... why did this thread pop up in my feed now, as it seems to be old? Last commented 11/2012?? Don't get me wrong, as I am definitely intrigued after reading the review and will be adding it to my "to be read" list! But I can't figure out why it is showing up in my feed now ... is there something new?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish It's because I changed the shelf from Read to Own Have Read. When I do that it goes through my feed again. I hate it! Sorry for the inconvenience.

message 47: by Toni (new)

Toni Ha .. that's what I get for being a "stalker fan" of YOU, Dhes, LOL!!! You sneeze and I get a memo!! :)

message 48: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Oct 04, 2013 11:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Toni wrote: "Ha .. that's what I get for being a "stalker fan" of YOU, Dhes, LOL!!! You sneeze and I get a memo!! :)"

LOL!!!!! Love my stalkers! *hugs*

This though...It's a pain in my butt, to be honest. Even if I uncheck the "add to my update feed" it still goes through. :( I'm not sure if it's a glitch, or just a poorly designed feed feature.

~JustMel~ You have definitely piqued my interest!! Excellent review!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Melissa wrote: "You have definitely piqued my interest!! Excellent review!!"

Thank you so much!