Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The Dead Girls Club

The Dead Girls Club by Damien Angelica Walters

it was ok
bookshelves: 2019, arc, disappointing, netgalley, not-for-me, publisher, suspense

1991 and Baby, Baby is playing on the radio when the life of two best friends start to change.

Heather and Becca are best friends forever. They even buy the half-necklaces to prove it.

Heather is loved and cared for by her family while Becca is having trouble at home. Her mother is drinking and becoming violent.

Heather and Becca have two other friends, Gia and Rachel. The four of them form the Dead Girls Club. They have a love for the macabre. Reading about serial killers is something engrossing for them. Then, Becca begins telling the story of the Red Lady. A witch wrongly accused and murdered. When the girls perform a ritual to bring the Red Lady into their lives, death follows.

Fast forward three decades, and now Heather is a child psychologist. She's married and happy with her life. Then, she receives a package with Becca's necklace. Heather knows someone is behind this but could it be that the Red Lady is involved?

The Dead Girls Club failed to entertain me. I don't know if it was because I couldn't believe the choices the main character was taking. She went off the rails in 2.3 seconds and did a very poor job as a psychologist too. I just couldn't like her or believe her motives.

The ending wasn't rewarding either. It was just not for me.

Cliffhanger: No

2/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Crooked Lane Books via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead Girls Club.

November 27, 2019 – Started Reading
December 1, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
December 1, 2019 – Shelved as: not-for-me
December 1, 2019 – Shelved as: publisher
December 1, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

message 1: by Jayme (new)

Jayme This one has been disappointing to several of my GR friends! Thankfully it is NOT one that I requested!

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "This one has been disappointing to several of my GR friends! Thankfully it is NOT one that I requested!"
It's sad that it was not as expected.

message 3: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fabulous honest review, Sheyla! You make me so happy that I passed on reading this, lol!

Sheyla ✎ Meredith wrote: "Fabulous honest review, Sheyla! You make me so happy that I passed on reading this, lol!"
I was disappointed. I had huge issues with the MC.

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review 🎄Terrific review, L💕veツ, 🎄

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette Alphas Review wrote: "🎄Terrific review, L💕veツ, 🎄"
Thank you!

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) nice review, glad I passed on this one :)

message 8: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Bummer it wasnt better!!

marilyn Fabulous review Sheyla and I agree with you 💟

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Sorry this was such a let down. Hope your next book is terrific!!

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette Alphas Review wrote: "🎄Terrific review, L💕veツ, 🎄"

Thank you!"

❥ It's Always Pleasure L💕ve ツ 💘

Sheyla ✎ Dorie - Cats&Books :) wrote: "nice review, glad I passed on this one :)"

Thank you, Dorie!

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "Bummer it wasnt better!!"
I wish I had liked it better

Sheyla ✎ marilyn wrote: "Fabulous review Sheyla and I agree with you 💟"
Thank you, Marilyn and glad we agree!!

Sheyla ✎ Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Sorry this was such a let down. Hope your next book is terrific!!"
Thank you, I hope so.