megs_bookrack's Reviews > Dead to Her

Dead to Her by Sarah Pinborough

bookshelves: arcs-read

Marcie has firmly established herself as the hot, younger second wife to successful husband, Jason Maddox.

In their posh Savannah community, replete with sumptuous mansions and a country club lifestyle, image is everything. Marcie appears to have it all and she feels that way...most days.

The older, blue blooded women they socialize with have come to accept her and include her in their luncheons and tennis dates, but Marcie can't help but feel like a second class citizen around them.

Her upbringing was far from the life she enjoys now and she continues to keep the truth of all that locked up tight.

When Jason's boss, the wealthy, recently widowed, William Radford IV, returns from a trip to London with a much younger, sexy as hell, second wife on his arm, the whole of Savannah society gets thrown for a loop. Marcie especially.

She's no longer the youngest, or the most supple for that matter. The way Jason devours the new Mrs. Radford, Keisha, with his eyes, makes Marcie's skin crawl.

Keisha is brazen in a way that would be refreshing if it wasn't so shocking to their social norms. The way she plays housewife to the old coot, while also being sure to flirt with Marcie's husband, what exactly is she after?

After Jason asks her to befriend Keisha, Marcie learns a lot more about the girl than she bargained for!

The ladies quickly become two peas in a pod, but their friendship soon threatens everything Marcie has worked so hard for.

Full of secrets, deceptions and a touch of Southern voodoo and superstitions, this book had me flipping the pages at a rate to set my fingers on fire!

I felt this was completely unique, full of unlikable characters and drama fit for daytime programming.

While I had a ton of fun reading this, I can see how it might not work for everyone. I wasn't completely satisfied with the ending, but things can't always work out how we would choose.

I will definitely remember this one, that's for sure.

Thank you so much to the publisher, William Morrow Books, for providing me with a copy to read and review. I appreciate it so much!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead to Her.

November 29, 2019 – Shelved
November 29, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 31, 2020 – Started Reading
February 1, 2020 –
14.0% "This is a really fast read!"
February 1, 2020 –
23.0% "It's kind of sad to me that both of these women are sort of driven by their own insecurities. Very different, but also so similar in a lot of ways. Regardless, I am finding this highly addicting! It's going to be a late night!!"
28.0% "Snap.
Didn't expect that
..."
February 8, 2020 –
February 9, 2020 –
91.0% "I still don't know what is going to happen!"
February 9, 2020 – Shelved as: arcs-read
February 9, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Awesome Review meg!!💋💖

megs_bookrack Kat wrote: "Awesome Review meg!!💋💖"

💜😚😚😚😚💜

message 3: by Brandice (new)

Brandice Fun is good :) love the perfect memes as usual! Great review, Meg!

megs_bookrack Brandice wrote: "Fun is good :) love the perfect memes as usual! Great review, Meg!" Thank you so much, Brandice! :)
xo