Rachael's Reviews > 102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers

102 Minutes by Jim Dwyer

U 50x66
Apr 04, 2012

Read in October, 2011

I read this book after watching the numerous documentaries on the 10th anniversary. At the time of the attack on the World Trade Centre, I was only about 11, so didn't have a great understanding or interest (as terrible as that is) on what was going on.
The documentaries fascinated me, and when I found this book I knew I had to read it.
It is a tricky book to place, part of me couldn't put it down, and part of me was so appalled with the words I was reading, that I didn't want to know what happened to these real life people.
I suppose it is impossible to know how accurate this book is, and nobody will ever know, however it did make me cry more than once, just imagining the horror unfolding, something which I cannot even begin to pretend to comprehend.
A chilling but worthwhile read for anyone who wants a little more insight, or is intrigued by the true story of that day. There is lots of interesting information about the structure of the building itself, and various regulations which essentially compromised human life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 102 Minutes.