Angela Vonschmittou's Reviews > Work Hard. Be Nice.: How Two Inspired Teachers Created the Most Promising Schools in America

Work Hard. Be Nice. by Jay Mathews

Great perspective on what it takes to reach children burdened by poverty and what a difference new opportunities make in their lives. Also interesting to learn about the founding of a charter school system that works well. Public schools, private schools, and charter schools come in different flavors, just like teachers, parents, and students do. It’s disheartening to think about the number of students in America who will never know their multiplication tables or go to a museum even in 2019. It gives me hope and motivates me to work on my own skills when I hear about teachers, students, and parents working so hard to make sure that children born into poverty are at least given a chance to escape it. I appreciated the honesty and criticism included in the book as well. Good read for anyone who wants to be reminded that hard work can pay off and that good things do still happen to good people.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Work Hard. Be Nice..

November 26, 2019 – Started Reading