Jeann (Happy Indulgence) 's Reviews > Dangerous

Apr 03, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult
Read in April, 2012

Dangerous follows a unique concept of people born as magic users, with a select few that are infected with magic disease who turn people into killers. This concept drew me into the book and made me want to read more, reminding me of Rogue from Xmen.

I have to admit, the book was a little difficult to get into at the start. It comes off as a very teenage book, focusing mostly on Ria's relationships with her friends and boyfriend instead of the interesting world that has been created. A few parts had me cringing, like the hostility from Adrian and teenage parties and the pillow fight, but once you get past the first 40% of the book it starts to get more enjoyable.

As it's a self-edited title, there were a few typos and grammatical mistakes which kind of detracted from the book, but once I got past that, it was actually quite an enjoyable read. A few interesting developments at the end kept things moving at a fast pace and I was drawn in. I admire how the concept of magic disease is unique but wanted to read more about that.

Thanks for the review copy Alycia, I think the story you have created is very interesting and has great potential, I feel after a bit of practice and perhaps an editor the quality of your stories will improve :)

Check out Happy Indulgence for more reviews!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerous.

04/11