Angela Thompson's Reviews > Hurricane Dog: A Tale of Betrayal, Redemption and Change

Hurricane Dog by Sunny Weber

16191455

Gator's Story Looks Through a Dog's Eyes into a Real World. As readers follow Gator's journey--the author presents a lot of real-world reality and discussion points even as Gator grows and lives through happy times with a loving family. Readers learn a lot about Gavin's life and the facts of the world at play around Gator's family and environment. Like the other books in this series, the author doesn't sugarcoat the problems of the world--and readers should expect an emotional journey to the end of the story.

Hurricane Dog is the perfect book club or family read. Like the other books of the series, the author writes this novel for children--but adults and older siblings will find a lot to love in this book too. This novel addresses a host of social issues and plights beyond those only affecting the treatment of the leading dog(s) of the story. I think it is the perfect book club book--and is a must-read for families--if read AS a family. The author creates a strong story with characters readers will love (and hate). Allowing Gator to share the story lets the story unfold without human rationalizations and "grey areas." Gator shares a complicated world with readers and gives a book club, family, or class a lot to discuss as the story flows.

Would I recommend Hurricane Dog by Sunny Weber? Hurricane Dog is another very emotional story from the author's series. Expect to think and worry--and cry as you read Gator's story. I would certainly recommend this novel to families or tween/teen/family book clubs seeking a story with strong messages presented in a unique voice. The author creates very realistic fiction--and does address animal abuse, death, and abandonment. While middle-grade readers will be drawn to the story--I would recommend reading it as a family and discussing the story's messages.

I received a copy of this book from the author or publisher. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hurricane Dog.

Finished Reading