Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Problem Child

Problem Child by Victoria Helen Stone

liked it
bookshelves: 2019, arc, dark, netgalley, publisher, series, thriller

3.5 Fangs

Jane Doe was such an amazing thriller! I loved reading about Jane's journey and I was so happy it had a sequel in Problem Child.

Jane is working in the city. She has her loving cat and she's still in a relationship with Luke (who's oblivious). At work, she's planning to punish another lawyer who has been using her work without giving her the proper accolades. Then, she gets a phone call. Her niece is missing. At first, Jane couldn't care less. She doesn't want anything to do with her family. None of them are good for anything. This is until she is sent a picture of her teenage niece and she realizes she has that empty stare Jane has herself.

Jane decides she needs to know for sure. Is her niece Kayla the same as she is or is the picture just a picture. With this in mind, Jane goes back home. She meets with her brother, who's in jail and her parents who are living still in the same place. Her mother has no lost love for Jane but Jane couldn't care less, she just wants to find her niece. During her investigation, she realizes that Kayla has gotten involved with the wrong kind of people. People who are powerful and who would not bat an eye about killing a young woman.

For the most part, Problem Child gave me all the right emotions. I love being in Jane's head and I love how deceiving she can be. She's a strong female character (which I adore) and just like Dexter, she can feel something for someone. I felt the storyline dragging in the middle of the book and I was losing interest in the search for Kayla. That brings me to my last point, I didn't like Kayla. I hope if there is a next book, Mrs. Stone changes my mind.

I wasn't shocked by the ending but it leaves the door wide open for a third installment.

Cliffhanger: No

3.5/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Lake Union Publishing via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Problem Child.

November 4, 2019 – Started Reading
November 24, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
November 24, 2019 – Shelved as: publisher
November 24, 2019 – Shelved as: series
November 24, 2019 – Shelved as: thriller

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fantastic review, Sheyla! I loved book one too. I have to make time to squeeze this one in. Good to know what to expect!

Sheyla ✎ Meredith wrote: "Fantastic review, Sheyla! I loved book one too. I have to make time to squeeze this one in. Good to know what to expect!"
Book one was great!. I know there has to be more after the way she ends this one....