MischaS_'s Reviews > War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers

War and Peas by Jonathan Kunz

did not like it
bookshelves: english, arc, comics, disappointment

***Advance Review Copy generously provided through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.***

Okay, this book had the unlucky fate that I read this right after the Awkward Yeti which is a very tough competition and this book just could not compete.

I actually did not realise I knew this artist before but while reading this I realised that I knew so many of the strips which was not very good. (I stated several times before that I do prefer if these online arts to a book have more new content than what was previously posted online). Which is actually rather strange since I could not find a media where I would be following the artist.
And Honestly, I maybe chuckled once while reading this, very disappointed. This book did not seem to have a theme, something to tie the strips together. So, it was a bit content dump. While I can understand that some of the comics were not my kind of humour but sometimes I even struggled to see what was supposed to be funny there.

In the end, I was mostly skimming through since I did not want to DNF this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War and Peas.

November 24, 2019 – Started Reading
November 24, 2019 – Shelved
November 24, 2019 –
page 60
37.5% "Not sure if it's because I just read the fantastic Awkward Yeti but this feels so nut funny. So many jokes were done and overdone (is there a doctor? Yes, I'm a doctor... of philosophy)."
November 27, 2019 –
page 160
100.0% "Just finished, rather disappointed. So, this review has to wait, I don't want my #700 review to be a one star."
December 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen Power Interesting premise! Too bad it wasn't great

MischaS_ @Helen, yeah it certainly was but... it just did not really work, at least for me.

Tomsky Seems as if there is something wrong between you and the artist. Not your kind of humor. So to whom is this one star rating meant? The book? It's kind of humor? Your review?

MischaS_ Tomsky wrote: "Seems as if there is something wrong between you and the artist. Not your kind of humor. So to whom is this one star rating meant? The book? It's kind of humor? Your review?"

Since Goodreads is a site for book reviews, the one-star rating and the review is for the book.

And I would not necessarily say that this is not my kind because I usually do like this kind of humour very much.