Forgetfulone's Reviews > This Is Where It Ends

This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp

liked it
bookshelves: 2019, fiction, young-adult

Having read about Rachel Scott who was killed during Columbine, and having read Jodi Piccoult's book 19 Minutes, and having read The Chamber by John Grisham, I just didn't find this book very compelling.

It is interesting that the book is written during the time frame of a school shooting, but it was mostly about relationships, all kinds, relationships among siblings, twins, friends, homesexual partners, and those we don't like. I don't think the book covered the motive for the shooting very well, and definitely not the preparation the killer planned. It also did not expose the aftermath of a school shooting.

I don't feel like I really got to know the characters well enough. It is told from the perspectives of four different students, two of whom are stuck in the auditorium when the shooting begins. I'm not sad that I spent time reading this book, but I also wasn't intrigued as I expected to be. Unfortunately, this book will fall into a mental category of forgettable.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Is Where It Ends.

Started Reading