Janet Ryan's Reviews > I Will Miss You Tomorrow

I Will Miss You Tomorrow by Heine Bakkeid

U 50x66

liked it

I've just finished reading my early reading copy of I will miss you tomorrow by Heine Bakkeid thanks to Good reading magazine and Bloomsbury publishing Australia. It is a crime novel translated from Norwegian. It's the first of a new series which features the character Thorkild Aske.
I'm not sure if the novel has lost some of the character development in the translation but they lack personality and warmth.
Thorkild in an ex chief inspector who is on the outs with his colleagues after a stint in prison after killing someone. He's also suffering mental health issues and has panic attacks. He's been asked to take up a case involving a young man missing off a remote island. He goes to investigate and finds no sign of the man however strange events start happening while he's there. The body count rises and everyone quickly points the finger at him.
I'd like to read the next edition in the series to see if he becomes more relatable as his character unfolds. Thanks for opportunity to read this unusual but intriguing book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Will Miss You Tomorrow.

Finished Reading