Kate Dunkley's Reviews > Fear

Fear by Michael  Grant

U 50x66
Apr 03, 2012

Read in April, 2012

I seriously loved this book, and this review will contain several spoilers. I was so excited about this book coming out, that I read it entirely in a day. So, of course, I missed bits out, however I went back and filled in those bits after. But I'm still a bit confused about a couple things. Anyway, yeah.

1) Remember that it was originally titled DARKNESS. (Haha, it didn't fit on the cover. Yup, the darkness bit is pretty relevant.)
2) At one point Sam will rub Diana's tummy. (This really wasn't all that exciting, and happened pretty early on actually.)
3) Astrid-haters will love her by the end. (Yes, I can honestly say that I was an Astrid hater, but I still don't love her, I just hate her less. In fact I almost like her...)
4) There's a surprising "coming out." (OKAY, WHO THE HELL CAME OUT?! Except Dekka, who came out in like book 1, who the hell was it?!)
5)... A heart will be broken. (Yeah, I think I know who this one is.)
6) You will learn why Sam and not Caine. (Yes, but it wasn't a very exciting bit, and you could kind of guess anyway.)
7) There is a huge betrayal. (Okay, 'several huge betrayals' would fit better.)
8) Someone will lose their virginity. (That happened early on, but still amused be a tiny bit.)
9) Someone we know well will die. (Honestly can't think of who this was. I mean, several people died, but I didn't know them at all...?)
10) A scene so dark and anguished my editors wanted me to tone it down. (Of course I didn't. How long have you known me?)(There were two very gory, disgusting scenes that really came out in my mind.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear.

Phoenix91 I have answers to 4 and 9
(view spoiler)

Ostrich Wound SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER HUGE SPOILERS
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Um, hello, Edilio much? How the hell did you miss that, it was thrown in your face, lol. He called Roger babe and Sam had a conversation about it with Edilio, specifically asking "Why didn't you tell me you were gay?" It made my week. Edilio is my favorite character, since day 1.

And the one who died was Howard. Remember, he was strangled and eaten by coyotes? I'm not all that surprised that you would miss that one though. Oh, and Taylor. Though I don't think she really died.

Ostrich Wound Phoenix91 wrote: "I have answers to 4 and 9
...4) Did you not notice that Robert and Edilio are in a relationship? It was mentioned at the end. Edilio called him babe, and then Sam asked Edilio why he didn’t tell h..."

Um, it's Roger. The Artful Roger.

Ostrich Wound Phoenix91 wrote: "I have answers to 4 and 9

How do you put the spoiler blocking thing in there? I just type spoiler in caps a bunch of times.

message 5: by Phoenix91 (last edited Apr 12, 2012 02:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Phoenix91 ah, theres this thing when you make a coment that you copy, and then you put your words inbetween it....hard to explain
so it looks liek this •spoiler:
(view spoiler)
the second part there is what you us, your text goes in the space with the ... And ther is no space in the (view spoiler)

Ostrich Wound Phoenix91 wrote: "ah, theres this thing when you make a coment that you copy, and then you put your words inbetween it....hard to explain
so it looks liek this •spoiler:
...
the second part there is what you us, yo..."

Um, I think either the part with Cigar, the part with Taylor, or the thing with Diana and the Gaiaphage.

message 7: by Phoenix91 (last edited Apr 12, 2012 03:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Phoenix91 I agree with the first two, I never really got the diana and the gaiphage though maybe I need to read that part again.
Poor taylor and cigar, I thought the part with the coyotes and refugees was pretty bad too.

Ostrich Wound Yeah, the refugees thing was pretty messed up. It could have been that.

Ostrich Wound SHPOILERS< SHPOILERS< SPOILERS< SPOILERS> SPOILERS

Hey, by the way (@Kate Dunkley) Do you skim when you read. I don't want to dwell, but if you don't it's just almost completely impossible for you to have missed that Edilio is Gay. I don't want to sound like a bitch, I was just wondering. I could never skim, it bothers me too much. But I know that people do it. Do you?