Jessica Renfrow's Reviews > Sam's Letters to Jennifer

Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson

U 50x66
Apr 03, 2012

“Sam’s Letters to Jennifer,” written by James Patterson is a novel about a girl named Jennifer who becomes aware of the fact that her Grandmother Sam has fallen and ended up in a coma. Jennifer leaves Chicago and heads to Lake Geneva to be with her Grandmother. She finds about a dozen letters addressed to her from Sam and within the letters Sam reveals many secrets about her past and her relationship with Jennifer’s Grandfather Charles. Jennifer runs into an old playmate named Brendan Keller and the two begin to spend most of their time together while Sam is still in the hospital. Jennifer is still mourning the loss of her husband Danny and their “peanut.” Jennifer and Brendan begin to develop feelings for one another. Brendan informs Jennifer that he has a tumor and he will eventually die unless he receives an experimental surgery. He receives the surgery and it is a success. Jennifer becomes pregnant and Sam eventually dies. This novel is a drama and it contains events that could happen to anyone thus, it is very easy to follow. I personally really enjoyed reading this novel by James Patterson. One of the main messages that I received from reading this novel was, even though things go wrong in life, we need to treat every experience we run into as a learning experience, and anything is possible as long as we have our loved ones nearby. This novel showed the importance of lasting love and relationships among your family and friends. I would recommend this novel to individuals who enjoy reading about love stories because in this novel Sam’s and Jennifer’s love stories are in a way entwined. It was also a very fast read and I absolutely loved it and think that everyone should be able to find a way to connect with this wonderful novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam's Letters to Jennifer.