Pyxi's Reviews > Violet Midnight

Violet Midnight by Lynn Rush

bookshelves: books-i-devour

I was lucky enough to receive an e-ARC of Violet Midnight by Lynn Rush and it was everything I hope it would be!

Emma Martin is doing the best she can but sometimes it's hard. Trying to balance college and killing the undead is beyond tiring. Good thing, she didn’t sleep anymore. Not ever since her strange glowing tattoo appeared and marked her a Hunter. Now she has no need for food or sleep and with a personal vendetta against the filthy bloodsuckers, she only lives for ridding the world of all of them. That was until one boy stumbled into her chaotic life.

Jake Cunningham knows he is different from other 24 years but he just wants to try to survive college life. A change in his appetite and sleep patterns was the first tip off something was wrong but pretty soon the need for both vanished completely and he never understood why. And if that wasn’t weird enough, the fact his skin was impermeable was a total sign something big was in the works for him.

Out with his friends one night, he stumbled across the loveliest of girls with bright violet eyes and strawberry scented skin. She was perfect and something in him hummed with awareness of their connection. She was meant for him. But before he could approach her, she was gone.
When the sound of fighting brought him around to the back of the house, what he saw was unbelievable. This tiny female was holding her own against these creatures that looked almost human but bared fangs like animals! After that night, nothing would ever be the same again for either of them.

I adore a kick-butt heroine and Emma rocks the slayer role like a pro! She is witty, caring and one hell of a firecracker. She is the perfect ying to Jake’s yang. Lynn Rush couldn’t have made more real characters if she tried. Violet Midnight is a fast paced, adrenaline pumping tale with just the right amount of romance; it’s the perfect story.
I love her unique twist on evil vampires and as much as I love my sexy vampires, this twist is refreshing. My only problem with the book is that I have to wait forever for the next one!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Violet Midnight.

April 3, 2012 – Shelved
September 2, 2012 – Started Reading
September 4, 2012 –
0.0% "At 27% and I am loving it!"
September 5, 2012 –
September 13, 2012 –
76.0% "So good!"
September 15, 2012 –
September 16, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Lynn Rush Hope you enjoy the story, Shanna!! Have a super night!!

Pyxi Lynn wrote: "Hope you enjoy the story, Shanna!! Have a super night!!"

It is sooo good. I love a very fast paced story and Violent Midnight does not disappoint! I'll be done with it tonight. ;)

Lynn Rush Thanks, Shanna!!!!

Lynn Rush Wow, Shanna. Thank you so much for the review. I'm really glad you liked Jake and Emma's story! :)

Pyxi I did! In a genre filled with sexy vamps, its nice for a change. :)

Pyxi Emma is a modern day Buffy. <3