D.K. Hundt's Reviews > The Intended Victim

The Intended Victim by Alexandra Ivy

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley

3.5/5.0*

I definitely want to delve into the first three Agency books, the fourth featured in this review, THE INTENDED VICTIM, can be easily read as a standalone.

Book four, I am only guessing, picks up where book three left off, wherein Remi Walsh was targeted by a serial killer five years ago, and her Police Detective Father dies trying to save her. Grief and guilt cause Remi to pull away from her fiancé at the time, Detective Ash Marcel, who was her Fathers partner.

I don’t want to get into spoiler territory, as each reader should experience this book for themselves; however, I will say based on the synopsis, I was expecting a fast-passed murder mystery, with the focus on finding a serial killer.

After reading a few book blurbs for THE INTENDED VICTIM, one reviewer classified it as a ‘Pulse-raising romantic thriller’, and another as a, ‘...fast-moving tale and the romance sizzles’.

I don’t agree that this book is necessarily a fast-paced thriller, it is most definitely a murder mystery romance thriller with a steamy-hot scene or two of ...well, no spoilers. ;)

The romance aspect of this book works well because this is book four in a series, readers of the previous three will most likely enjoy - and new readers like myself - seeing true love in the middle of what I can only describe as insanity. And, like I said, ‘a steammmy-hot scene or two!’

Though not all aspects of this book worked for me, I would like to go back and reread it now that I know who the serial is, revisiting the snippets of their mindset revealed to the reader throughout the book from the killer’s perspective. I am also looking forward to reading the first three novels in The Agency series.

I want to thank NetGalley and Kensington Publishing Corporation for loaning me an advance eBook of THE INTENDED VICTIM in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Intended Victim.

November 22, 2019 – Shelved