Stacie Redinger's Reviews > Enemies

Enemies by Tijan

Let me start out by saying that any book that Tijan writes, I’m going to read. She never disappoints, and every single book is utterly amazing. ‘Enemies’ was no different. From the very beginning I was captivated by Dusty and her story. I hurt for her, I was rooting for her, and every single emotion Dusty felt, I felt like I was feeling them right there with her. What Dusty has been through in her life is something that most people can never fathom, but she still moves forward, yes it may be tough but she keeps pushing. As for Stone, holy smokes, this man is the definition of alpha. He’s a take charge guy, and even though he and Dusty haven’t spoken in years, when she needed him (even when she didn’t realize it) he was there for her. He’s a good guy behind the tough exterior and it’s hard to deny that Stone and Dusty have some off the charts chemistry. The question is, will that chemistry turn into more, or are they going to remain enemies for good?

This book. I probably don’t have the right words to do this book justice but I’m going to try anyways. From page one, I knew this was going to be one of my all-time favorite Tijan books, and I was not disappointed. Tijan has a way of writing about the grittier side of life. These characters have gone through it, but they’re still pushing on. Tijan doesn’t shy away from discussing the hard stuff, and she just shows you that no matter the money or who you are, nobody is perfect, and people have demons whether they talk about them or not. I didn’t want this book to end for a million different reasons, it was that good. Stone and Dusty reminded me of Mason and Sam from Tijan’s Fallen Crest series. Their love isn’t always pretty, but no matter the circumstances they are there for each other. Hands down one of my top reads of 2019. Thank you Tijan, for giving me a book I didn’t know I needed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enemies.

Finished Reading