Anne's Reviews > Goddess Interrupted

Apr 03, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: mythology, young-adult, read-in-2012
Read from July 25 to August 01, 2012

I may be rating this higher than I would have if I hadn't just read (and disliked) Underworld a week or so ago. Out of the two of these books, Goddess Interrupted is definitely better...in my opinion. Just thought I'd pass on that little nugget of information.

I've been desperately hoping that someone would come up with an awesome new take on the Hades/Persephone myth, which explains why I've been blowing through everything I can find that's even slightly related to their story. This series, unfortunately, is not what I was hoping for. Still, it's not awful, and I did enjoy reading it.

Our girl, Kate, has won her immortality, and is now married to Henry/Hades. The story picks up after her 6 month vacation on the surface, when Kate arrives back in the Underworld, ready to be crowned Queen.

And here's the part that I had a love/hate relationship with:
Henry is still hung up on Kate's sister, Persephone, so the entire book is basically about Kate trying to win Henry over. Call me crazy, but since you usually don't see a lot of stories that revolve around the girl trying to win the guy, I thought it was kind of cool. Except...
Well, except for that tiny (huge) voice inside of me that kept screaming at her to dump his sorry ass.

At any rate, I'm sure that I'll be reading the next book, just to see how this little soap opera plays out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess Interrupted.