Merrybrains Book Reviews's Reviews > The Bliss of Solitude : The book of ‘Hindi' poetry

The Bliss of Solitude  by Surbhi Islam

आसमानी इरादे भी है..
ज़मीनी हक़ीक़त भी है..
और बीच में कहीं लटकी हुई..
अपनी शख़्शियत भी है ।। Collections of poems are often the antithesis of page-turners. A single poem can call on the same amount of mental energy as a short story or novel’s chapter. There is a relieving aha when I read a single poem and am compelled to either close the book for respite or obsessively read it over and over for a half-hour. At times, these intense reading experiences can be just what we want to wrangle in a deep tissue mental and emotional massage.

Loneliness is marked by a sense of segregation. Solitude, on the other hand, is a state of being alone without being lonely and can lead to self-awareness.

I can relate to this as I am a solitude freak- I love the ‘me time’ that aids me to introspect my life and therefore leading to self-awareness.

There are about 50 + poems about love, care and mortality which will nip you with wistful sentiments and blissful thoughts.

Everything about this book is beautiful in and out. The way Surbhi writes- she touches your emotion and each of these poems can be a song itself. I like the way she plays around with the title – this feels like its related to a song that you have heard in the past but giving it a different perspective.

It is not easy to assess poetry- What I would do is just relish it in a good ambiance. interference-free and devour these beautiful and intense thoughts that my favorite poetess judiciously crafted. Like a fine wine- I sip it slowly, feeling one of the best of poetry vibrations

Let these magical and reflective prose poems breathe and invoke their full topsy-turvy splendor. Highly recommended!

👨‍💻Read the complete review:

📷Photography Partners: @prakzrai - PrakzStudios
📧Feedback/Review Request:

Link in bio

Or write to :
admin@merrybrains.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bliss of Solitude .

Started Reading