Wulfwyn 's Reviews > Holiday Roast Mortem

Holiday Roast Mortem by Tonya Kappes

bookshelves: arc, cozy-mystery, christmas, kappesbook, southern-mysteries

I have been reading A Killer Coffee Mystery Series from the start. I highly recommend reading it in order.
In this book Christmas has come to Honey Springs, Kentucky. The town is decorated and Roxy has been busy with making holiday blend coffee, making special treats and planning the Christmas Day supper. That’s right. Roxy is hosting a big Christmas supper at the Bean Hive Coffee Shop. She has been busy as a bee with little time to just enjoy her husband of one year. So Roxy and Patrick go out for dinner hoping for a nice romantic night out. Unfortunately they are seated next to a couple who are loudly arguing. Driving home, they notice they are behind the arguing couple when they witness the truck cross the line, go through the trees and into the lake! Patrick dives in to rescue the couple. Unfortunately the man is dead. The sheriff is suspicious and, when his suspicions are confirmed, the wife is the number one suspect. Did she do it?
I love the town, the people and the pets in this series. I feel at home in it. One thing I especially adore about it, is the author has woven pet adoption into the series. Each book has a little background story going about it. I love that the author cares about animals enough to keep that reminder that pets need a home. I look forward to reading about the pet up for adoption in each book. Roxy, Patrick and the supporting characters are realistically written. I feel like I know them and could just step into the Bean Hive for some coffee and gossip with them. The mystery in this book wasn’t an easy one. There are a few suspects. With people not being completely honest, finding the killer could prove fatal.
*I received an ecopy of this book for review consideration. I voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts are my opinion of the book and series.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holiday Roast Mortem.

November 22, 2019 – Started Reading