Wulfwyn 's Reviews > An Amish Christmas Promise

An Amish Christmas Promise by Jo Ann Brown

bookshelves: arc, clean-reads, christmas, romance, netgalley

I enjoyed this story. Carolyn is a woman trying to protect children she loves. They lost their home and belongings in a flood. Michael comes to help rebuild the community. Carolyn was Amish but is pretending to be Mennonite for safety. Michael is an Amish man, not yet baptized, who is questioning his faith. Neither is looking for love.
I loved Carolyn and the way she cares for Kevin and Rose Anne. It touched me how she was doing the best she could to raise the children as her own. I like that the author brought out how Carolyn rationalized things in her mind and heart. I like Michael a lot. I enjoyed watching him develop a relationship with the children as well as with Carolyn. They both though are hiding parts of their background that affect their lives. Will they be able to move forward? It was a very touching story.
I received an ebook copy of this title through NetGalley for review consideration. I voluntarily chose to review it. All thoughts are mine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Amish Christmas Promise.

November 19, 2019 – Started Reading