Sarah's Reviews > After the Fall

After the Fall by Giana Darling

bookshelves: 2020-arc-reads, favorites

"Hope that my sacrifice would ensure the happily ever after I'd once promised my wife. I'd found what I loved, and I was only too willin' to let it kill me."

*** 5 KING OF IRON STARS ***

King Kyle Garro is one of my all-time favorite book heroes. I was surprised, yet elated, when G Darling announced that After the Fall would be about King and his true love, Cressida. Many years have passed since Lessons in Corruption. Entrance has become more corrupt, allies have been made, new characters have made a presence, yet the Garro men continue to protect their loved ones and each of their Fallen brothers like their own....AND I WAS CONSUMED WITH EVERY SECOND AND PAGE OF THIS BOOK!!!!

I absolutely love the man that King has grown into - his love and passion for Cress can be felt searing off the pages; he is rough around the edges, yet oh so sensitive and romantic. This biker/poet has grown into a man who has earned the respect of the Brotherhood, and the unwavering devotion and love of his girl, Cress. The inner battle he faces to protect those he loves while also taking what he wants is one that haunts him. But as the corrupt police of Entrance continue to threaten King and his Fallen family, the answers become more clear to him to what he must do. He never wavered. He stood up to his elders. He challenged those with power. And he protected his love like a roaring lion. I wanted to stand up and cheer for him so many times.

My dear Cressida....oh this girl has come into her own!!! She has come so far, and I couldn't help but stand in her corner every single second of this book! She is my idol. She is fearless, determined, passionate, and will protect her own like no other Mama Bear. Her love for King is endless, and I found myself at times wishing and daydreaming for a love like theirs. The sacrifices and depths they each go to for the other brought tears to my eyes several times throughout their story.

While there are surprises, twists and turns and quite a bit of suspense throughout this book; what kept me glued to the pages was King and his passionate character - his poems, his loyalty, his fight, his sex appeal, and his possessiveness and fierce protective nature. King Kyle Garro is not the young man we met in LiC, but is now a man capable of leading the Fallen MC Brotherhood and claiming his true love's heart and soul. I was enamoured by him - totally and completely enraptured, and I didn't want this story to end. I am counting down until the next book in this series because I am no where near read for this world and these characters to end. Well done once again G Darling!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After the Fall.

November 20, 2019 – Shelved