Amy Alvis's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

Connall's tribe is left with few marriageable women after a raid, so his Druid priest decides to send him to another land and time to bring a wife back. He ends up in present day America. He makes friends with a homeless man that helps direct him to finding that needed wife. He places an ad on Craigslist and has a whole slew of women show up. But when he mets Ashley, he knows she is the one.

Ashley is busy working multiple jobs trying to pay off the debt her lousy ex-husband left her with. When she sees the ad on Craig's List for a job in Scotland, she jumps on it as she is ready for a change. What she doesn't realize is that what she thinks is a job, is really a marriage...which she learns upon her arrival to ancient Scotland. She didn't sign on for this and wants to go back home. But she learns form the Druid priest that she must wait almost a month and a half before they can even attempt to send her home.

Connall wants Ashley as his wife. Can he convince her to stay before she makes her way back home?

I really enjoyed Quarles latest time travel story. It goes back to the year 156, which is much earlier than most of the books I read, but it was a nice change of pace and the history lover in me really enjoyed learning more about that time period. I loved watching these too banter back and forth with one another. Ashley's first husband wasn't the best and she isn't about to go into a second marriage without making sure she as a say in what happens. This of course causes much drama along the way.

Connall has a younger brother and it was implied that he would also be going to the future to find a bride, so I'm hopeful that Quarles tells us his story. Regardless, I'm excited to see what she comes up with next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

November 20, 2019 – Started Reading