Jenny's Reviews > The Book of Blood and Shadow

Apr 02, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012-read, mystery, young-adult, mystery-suspense, contemporary
Read from April 02 to 10, 2012

The Book of Blood and Shadow is a booked filled with history, mystery, intrigue, and secret societies. The history was intricate and very detailed…and I could tell that the author did her research. Also I was very surprised to find out at the end that many of the people, events, and items mentioned in the book were real.

After the death of her brother, Nora transfers to a new school with the hopes of getting away from that part of her past. She becomes friends with Chris and Adrienne and later on starts dating Max, who is Chris’s roommate. Nora is different from a lot of YA characters in that she’s calm, level-headed and thinks things through. Chris is a fun, outgoing guy, great friend to Nora and it was kind of sad knowing that he was going to die in the story and wouldn’t make it.

The thing about the story is that there wasn’t any one thing that specifically grabbed my attention but I guess I liked it enough since I still thought it was a worthwhile read. There was a gradual slow build to the story that will keep readers guessing about the mystery and who the real killer is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Blood and Shadow.