Samantha || Fictionally Sam's Reviews > The Speed of Falling Objects

The Speed of Falling Objects by Nancy Richardson Fischer

bookshelves: d-n-f, arc, ya

DNF @ 52%
I wanted so bad to like this book and was so excited that I was given the opportunity to read this novel in exchange for my honest review earlier this year. Unfortunately things didn't go as planned. When I first started the novel a few months ago, I had a hard time connecting to the main characters as well as the plot line (this bad boy takes off slooowww). But I put it down as I thought it was just me and I wasn't in the right mood to read this.

That was a lie.

I picked this one back up again this week, and even borrowed the audiobook to see if it will help get me through the slow portions of the novel. To some extent it did, and I got farther that way than the other, but I still could not for the life of me get through the rest of the novel. I have some questions/thoughts on the disability rep within this novel, as our main character is partially blind; as well as I couldn't connect to her as an individual on any level. Her father I wanted to choke. From the amount I read, no one felt authentic and because of that I felt a huge disconnect from the overarching story.

Maybe it gets better later down the road, I'm unsure, to which I wouldn't deter anyone from picking up this book and giving it a go! But as for me, this one is sitting back on the shelf for someone else to give it love as I wasn't the right person.

Thanks to the publisher for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Speed of Falling Objects.

November 19, 2019 – Shelved