Energy's Reviews > The Runaround

The Runaround by Sylvie Stewart

54301934

Ari is a talented woman who has a long term plan and is working multiple jobs to see those plans come to fruition. She's agreed to be a voice coach for Jax's daughter Lola. Try as she might to stay out of it, she can't help notice the tension between Lola and Jax, and she can't help but want to find out what happened to cause that rift, and how she can fix it.

Even though Jax is known for playing the field, he's become hooked on Ari from the start. Her voice, her smile, her body. Not to mention that she's incredibly smart and definitely going places. But he's a single father, Lola hates him and Lola's mom does not make it easy. After a fling has him wanting more, he's not sure how they could work a relationship. Especially considering how private he is. But these two deserve a chance.

I always know when I read a Sylvie Stewart novel that I'm going to laugh and I'm going to swoon. I love Ari's inner monologue as it has me laughing out loud. Lola is a fantastic character and I hope down the road, when she's a bit older, that she might get a book of her own because I could not get enough of her. The Runaround is angsty, it's hilarious and sexy as hell. There might have even been a few moments where I needed a tissue because Ari and Jax were just too much. I absolutely loved this book, it's such a great addition to the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Runaround.

November 17, 2019 – Started Reading