♥ WishfulMiss ♥ 's Reviews > Chosen Mate

Chosen Mate by Katie Reus

liked it

This was another cute insta-love, slow burn romance with an alpha Hero who is ready to pull all the stops for his mate and a heroine who’s been burned in the past and skittish to put herself out there for the alpha of her new pack. There’s warm chemistry between the MCs, cute family moments and some danger to spice things up.

It was well rounded and enjoyable, basically a comfy read. It wasn’t overly angsty or dramatized but instead taking it’s time to form a connection that was believable. I loved Malcolm, he was the trademark hero for KR with his sweet protectiveness and sexy confidence. His heroine, Leslie was also likable with her cute kid and friendly attitude. Her backstory was sad but she was resilient and I liked that she wasn’t stuck in the past.

Second chance romances aren’t my favorite trope but I enjoyed reading Leslie and Malcolm’s story. This author is always a go-to because I know I’ll get a short, safe and sexy read and this one delivered 100%.

* * * ARC provided for an honest review * * *

SAFETY INFO: (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chosen Mate.

November 19, 2019 – Started Reading