Crystal's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

Apr 02, 2012

bookshelves: favourites
Read from April 02 to 10, 2012

4.5/5

Usually the second book in a series is a flop, but this one took an interesting turn: character development of Lisbeth Salander.

Like the first book, it took a good chunk of time for the story to actually get rolling. I didn't feel like the story began until about 150-200 pages into the book. I really liked the developments of her character and how we got to know more about what her daily life is like.

As the book really centers around Lisbeth's personality, talking about it in any sort of detail would be a huge spoiler so I will avoid that.

However, the twists in this book were some that I did not see coming and I am anxious to see them on the screen. One part would have had a huge impact on me if I hadn't known there was a third book. Yet, the scenes were very vivid and I really felt like this mystery was more difficult than the first book.

There were some technical errors in terms of anatomy (I'm a psychology student so it bothers me) and the story did have a slow start, which is why the rating got bumped down to 4.5 instead of 5.

LOVE LISBETH SALANDER!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.

04/07/2012 page 200
40.0% "I'm keeping a tab on how many times the characters buy or drink coffee and it is pretty high. XD"
05/04/2016 marked as: read