David Barnes's Reviews > An Everyman's Circumnavigation of Vancouver Island by Sea Kayak

An Everyman's Circumnavigation of Vancouver Island by Sea Kayak by Jonathan Reggler, Doug Taylor

Apr 02, 2012

As as sea kayaker and writer I am always on the look out for new books about the subject. This book found its way to me by chance and happenstance and is one of the prized books in my collection. It is self-publishing at its best and shows the quality of what DYI publishing can do. Produced using the Blurb.com book making software a pair of avid local kayakers craft a book from their adventure kayaking blog. The combination of alternating blog entries and vivid images of the natural beauty still available on parts of the coast are a perfect fit.
The pair provide excellent tips, and guides to what it takes to undertake such a journey including GPS co-ordinates for several of the best places to camp on and around Vancouver Island. For my review of the book and more information as to where to purchase this edition, or browsing their blog please visit my site at:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Everyman's Circumnavigation of Vancouver Island by Sea Kayak.