Carvanz's Reviews > Break the Rules

Break the Rules by Roxie Noir

20266662
I am totally in love with the Loveless brothers and with each new book, it’s that particular brother that I love the most. This time it’s Levi and holy heck! He’s absolutely perfect!

When June returns home after being laid off from her job, she’s ready to reinvent herself. The first thing on her list is to fall in love with nature. Of course, that’s not working out so well for her, and when her girlhood crush arrives to rescue her she’s wishing she was anywhere but there.

description

I loved June and her quirky wikipedia facts, her ability to hold her own against a brother that teasingly torments her, and the way she manipulates Levi into allowing her to help him on a case. She’s fun and fiesty with a heart of gold but she is so lost as she tries to find employment in her chosen field. Her emotions shine through and I adored her from the very first page.

description

Levi was perfect in every way for June. When he finds himself seriously attracted to her he fights it as long as he can. She’s his best friend’s little sister. I loved that he made a conscious decision to make a move and let her know that he wanted to take what they had to the next level. So many times there is no actual decision, just action in the heat of the moment. That action made Levi even more special in my eyes.

description

I’m not a huge fan of the best friend’s little sister trope but the way this author wrote the friendship between Levi and Silas made me wish all the previous books I’ve read with this storyline had put that much thought into the friendship. What Levi and Silas had was something so special and beautiful I got choked up by it. And it was that unique friendship that made me love Levi so much and also accept that he could never put what he had with Silas in jeopardy.

description

This has so many fun moments, lots of one liners and great upmanship from siblings that I found myself laughing out loud. The steam level is intense and the closer this couple grow the steamier it became. And holy apple doughnuts, there is one scene where I think I actually drooled and my eyes just about dried from refusing to blink while reading it. Hot doesn’t even describe it because along with the heat was a swirling morass of emotion that took the scene to a whole new level.

Ms. Noir raised the bar to untold heights with this one as the humor, steam and believable emotions grabbed me and refused to let me go.

Dual POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Break the Rules.

November 17, 2019 – Started Reading
November 18, 2019 – Shelved
November 18, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Another excellent review Carvanz!👍💋💗😉

Carvanz Kat wrote: "Another excellent review Carvanz!👍💋💗😉"

Thank you Kat! I'm loving this series!!! So much fun with some serious emotion.

Erika Adkins Russell OMg that scene for real though 🤤

Carvanz Right?! Loved this one!