Melissa Haggerty's Reviews > Night Sky

Night Sky by Jolene Perry

F 50x66
Apr 02, 2012

Read in March, 2012

After being on a bit of a paranormal and dystopian kick, it was so refreshing to dive into this book. This was a love story told so beautifully, and from a male point of view. I haven't read many love stories like this (or any, come to think of it). Jolene Perry did such an amazing job in this book. Looking at love through Jameson's eyes was so different and highly enjoyable.

I love the characters in this book. Jameson is, I suppose, a typical teenage boy. His struggles are things teens struggle with everyday. Pressures of school, sports, family, and dating. I think that Perry did such a perfect job of showing how hard these struggles can be. With Sky, Perry did another amazing job of touching on issues that many teens face. Although we are seeing Sky's issues through Jameson's point of view, they are still portrayed so well. I felt so much sympathy through out this book for both Jameson and Sky.

I loved all the beautiful scenes that were described. Everything from the bottom of a swimming pool to a bright casino. Las Vegas is a fun setting, and I loved that not only did we see some of the "night life" so to speak, but also we got to see how the actual residents live their lives.

This book was so amazing! I read it in a day (thank goodness my husband was home to help with kids), and hated every time I had to put it down. I plan to go check out Jolene Perry's other books. She has definitely caught my attention with Night Sky.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Sky.