Anita Fuhrmann's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

U 50x66

I really, really liked this book!
Time Travel Romance has long been a favorite of mine and this one just nailed it!

First of all, this was not the typical send the h back to the 1800s where we already know how everyone lived, what the political climate was like, how society worked, etc. No, this wonderful author sent us all the way back to 150 AD!! To the Highlands of Scotland long before there even WAS a country of Scotland!!

Secondly, the h actually struggled to adapt to the climate and cultural change and she did NOT immediately fall in love with the H. It was so interesting having the author take us back to a time in history that we know so little about and not only experiencing it through the eyes of the people who actually lived then but also as seen by someone from our present time having to learn to deal without any of the simplest things we all take for granted on a daily basis.

The romance was gradual as if this could have happened between them naturally and even though the sex was definitely steamy, it did not happen right away and that also felt like it happened as a natural progression of their attraction to each other.

The snarky humor the author managed to intermingle throughout the book was so great! I could really visualize a person saying these same things to themselves after being sent so far back in time and having to deal with so many changes in lifestyle as well as the difficulty communicating what to us would be commonplace procedures and ideas.

I certainly hope there are going to be more books featuring other members of this tribe during this time period because I feel like I really got to know these people and want to continue reading about more HEAs for them!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

Finished Reading