Becky's Reviews > Winter Tales

Winter Tales by Tiffany Reisz

bookshelves: arc, erotic-romance

Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 11/28/19.

Winter Tales is a collection of Original Sinners stories all set in--you'll never guess--winter! ;) All the stories were new to me, though I believe only the first (and longest! December Wine) and last (and shortest, Blood & Snow) are actually new. Still, I can't imagine any fan of the series skipping a single Original Sinners story, whether they've read them already or not--Ms Reisz's writing and her characters are just that amazing. Though there is a bit of jumping around the series timewise with these stories--the third one happens first chronologically, and the fourth, I think, last--there are several threads (beyond the obvious, the characters and time of year) that connect them and make them work really well together as a collection.

This collection really isn't the place to start if you're new to Ms Reisz's series, though it definitely will give you the flavor of her writing--and OMG, it is beyond delicious. I can't honestly fathom taking part in BDSM or having an open relationship, and my Catholicism is a thing of the distant past, but goodness, seeing it all through these characters' eyes? I care far more about those topics than I ever thought I could. These stories give us little snippets of the lives of the characters between the other novels and novellas--no, you don't have to read them to understand the rest of the books, but if you're already a fan, do yourself a favor and read this!

Consider it an early holiday present to yourself :)

Rating: 4 stars / A-

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter Tales.

November 17, 2019 – Started Reading