Paula's Reviews > Some Like it Plaid

Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles

F 50x66

Time travel, clash of customs and the status of women bring the struggling romance between Ashley and Connell to life in Some Like it Plaid by Angela Quarles. This is the first book I have read by this author who beings a new twist to how men meet women in her version of finding wives in 2nd century Scotland. How Ashley winds up in Scotland is attention grabbing. The story as entertaining as the strong clash. It is the battle between the sexes from the moment Ashley arrives unknowing to the 2nd century.

Connell is the strong loyal, leader that his village needs. I liked him finding him more tolerant than many men would have been at that time. Ashley, while I admired her strength, appreciated the way that she jumped into village life. However, her flaws are glaringly obvious; her brashness, her lack of tact, and use of profanity. Growth in this character was exactly what was needed, which came as the story progressed. It made the romance more believable especially at the end. This is a writer that I would be interested in reading more.

An ARC of the book was given to me by the publisher through Net Galley which I voluntarily chose to read and reviewed. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like it Plaid.

Started Reading