Eleanor's Reviews > So Close

So Close by Serena Bell

I absolutely loved this. Still need to think on the review before I write it.
A good sign is, though, that it took me less than 24 hours from start to finish.

I think I want to live in Beachcrest.

My review:
Yas!!! Serena Bell’s new series is going to be awesome.

I’m not sure whether or not Tierney Bay is a real place or not (guessing it’s not) but whichever beach town it’s based on – I want to live there.

Auburn is a great character, picking up her life after a horrible relationship that almost ruined completely her relationship with her family. She’s got her dream job and will probably end up owning the fabulous B&B, slightly run down, but charming, she works in.

When she finds out the B&B is in jeopardy because it’s about to be sold to a real estate conglomerate that will build condos, she’s do anything in her power to prevent that. Which means convincing Trey, the current owner’s grandson (and apparently part owner, himself), to spend a week at the B&B in an attempt to make him fall in love with it.

Trey, a cold, hard and incredibly handsome (or stunning, or sexy, or all of the above) finds himself in deeper trouble than he had originally thought.

There’s some deep emotional scenes woven into the storyline. And I think a major part of those scenes are thanks to the supporting characters; Auburn’s siblings and Trey’s sister.

While the plot didn’t surprise me, it was sweet, it was sexy and it was emotional, and that is basically all I need in a book to enjoy it. The fact that I want to move to Beachcrest is a plus. LOL

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Close.

November 16, 2019 – Shelved