Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Bully Me: Class of 2020

Bully Me by Shantel Tessier

bookshelves: currently-reading
Reading for the 2nd time. Most recently started April 3, 2020.

Review for Sam Mariano's Prequel to The Boy on the Bridge:

YES! I need more! I need the rest of Hunter and Riley's story!

“Don’t torture me, Hunter.”
“This isn’t what it feels like to be tortured by me, Catnip.”

It took me a few pages to get into this one (literally only a few), but then it was off to the races in pure Mariano style! Riley's adolescent tension was so perfectly on point. I remember vividly what it felt like to have a young crush. The butterflies. The ache in your chest. The insecurity. It is captured beautifully here. Her excitement that this boy, this COOL boy, likes HER (well, I definitely can't relate to that part, but I can imagine). Not that she cares if he is "cool," but it just adds to the difficulty surrounding their potential relationship.

I definitely felt like the other shoe was about to drop at any moment-- this isn't an anthology about warm and fuzzies, after all. The anticipation of knowing it would happen, but not knowing when, turned it up a notch.

His own mother thinks he’s a bully. Maybe I’m the fool for thinking he’s not.

Of course, in THIS situation, it seems Riley's insecurity (and her mother's wariness) were warranted.

"What you did today… that was just cruel.”
Hunter shrugs. “Never claimed to be a nice guy.”

When things go south, they go real south.

It’s a good thing he’s standing close, because I can’t get out much beyond a whisper. “I’m so sorry.”
With a knowing little nod, he says, “Not sorry enough, though. Don’t worry. You will be.”

Riley hopes maybe it will blow over. Maybe he will let it go. But this is Sam Mariano...

He will definitely not let it go.

"No one can hold a grudge quite like my son.”

I can't wait to get my grabby hands on the rest of the stories in this anthology-- the 24th can't come soon enough!!

Review for Charlie by Siobhan Davis-

Oh my, she did it! The author took Charlie, a wildly unlikable character when last we saw him (in the third Rydeville Elite book), and redeemed him! Amazing. I was actually rooting for him in this book.

I liked the dichotomy of Charlie's experience and (self-described) depravity (sexually as well as otherwise) against Demi's relatively squeaky-clean past. That is definitely my favorite setup- I love me an alpha who wants to dirty up his innocent princess. Swoon.

As a standalone book there wasn't as much runway available for the plot to spread its wings as compared to Abby and Kai's story in the Rydeville Elite trilogy, but that is the way of standalones unless they are 500+ pages. The author still managed to squeeze in highs and lows, reveals and twists. I still really enjoyed this book, and am looking forward to the epilogues that will be included when it is released on it's own once this anthology is no longer available.

I am a big fan of this author, and I can't wait to read anything she gives us!

Find me at:
Instagram
Facebook
Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bully Me.

Finished Reading
November 15, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
November 15, 2019 – Shelved
March 14, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
April 3, 2020 – Started Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Raven  Prophet Got any idea, when the novel (sequel?) will be out? Series the prequel was so good!

Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads Unfortunately there is no release date for the full novel yet. :/

Indelicate Reviews by DD Enjoy 💕