Elizabeth's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Oh my goodness, it's been over two years since I first read this series and yes, I'm just in love with Will Herondale as ever. But why??? he's such a jerk? idk, the female heart is a complicated affair.

“Let me give you a piece of advice. The handsome young fellow who's trying to rescue you from a hideous fate is never wrong. Not even if he says the sky is purple and made of hedgehogs.”

I read A Tale of Two Cities after this series, and now that I have my love of Dickens firmly intact, this book series is so much more meaningful. Will and Sydney Carton are both so tragically morose about their won character, while being romantically driven.
I also deeply appreciate both Will and Jem's feelings regarding Nate. They're both so skeptical, while trying to be kind for Tessa's sake. Well, maybe not Will.

and now that i'm a tad bit older, i also understand the contrast between Tess and Jessamine. Jessamine's sneering for anything considered feminist, or the "strong female character" is so interesting. She carries the attitude of her times, an attitude Tessa had internalized. At the same time, Tessa is questioning all that internalized misogyny.

“When you find a man you wish to marry, Tessa, remember this: You will know what kind of man he is not by the things he says, but by the things he does.”

Anyway, I'm totally ready for Clockwork Prince and all the emotions!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

Quotes Elizabeth Liked

Cassandra Clare
“For that was love, wasnt it--to burn bright in someone else's eyes?”
Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

November 15, 2019 – Started Reading
November 15, 2019 – Shelved
November 15, 2019 –
page 151
31.39% "the sydney carton quote 😍"
November 18, 2019 –
100.0% "I just, hate Will so much in that last 10 pages and Jem's kindness is everything, and why do i feel so drawn to Will when he is such a jerk for so long."
November 18, 2019 – Finished Reading