Michelle's Reviews > The Missing

The Missing by Shiloh Walker

Apr 01, 2012

liked it

It actually gets a 3.5. For some reason, I didn't like it as much as The Departed. Maybe had I read this one first, I would have liked it more? Hm. Either way, it was good, but I think I didn't connect with these characters as much as I did with Dez and Taylor in The Departed. Still, this book was good. More sex, haha, but still, pretty good. But like I said, I think I like The Departed better. I love those crusty, seemingly-cold guys like Taylor Jones who have a back story, who have a woman that cracks through that shell. The Missing didn't seem quite as "put together" as The Departed. I'm not sure why, but either way, I prefer the latter.

Interesting plot, good dialogue, but the story seemed a bit messy. The characters didn't seem quite as fleshed out, but yet they still had depth and personality. The chemistry between Cullen and Taige was definitely a plus, it worked.

Main complaints: sort of "messy" plot arrangement, not quite as developed plot in my opinion, too quick of a wrap-up for the kidnapping/evil uncle plot. I also thought there was a little too much focus on the "pre" story, before it jumps ahead to the "present."

3.5. Still good. Love this author!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Missing.

April 1, 2012 – Started Reading