Angela Thompson's Reviews > From Wild to Mild: A Dog in Two Worlds

From Wild to Mild by Sunny Weber

16191455

Weber creates the perfect story for animal loving families. While elementary school aged children could certainly read and enjoy this book by reading alone--I think it is the perfect book for families to share as a family read or as a family book club. There are so many human-child life lessons and real-world discussion starters presented as Kaya the dog learns and grows and navigates her world. I love books that present educational opportunities in unique ways. This novel draws animal lovers in for a complete story of fiction as presented through a dog's point of view--but, allows families a lot of opportunities to discuss parallels between Kaya's story and the world surrounding children today too.

From Wild to Mild has a wide audience appeal. While written toward children--parents, grandparents and older siblings will find a lot to love in this book too. From understanding life in the wild--and differences between even seemingly similar animals--to understanding acceptance and realizing that everyone (and everything) sometimes struggles to fit in and adapt to challenges--this book presents a lot of relatable entertainment for children while offer more grown up points to ponder for young adults and adults.

Would I recommend From Wild to Mild by Sunny Weber? I love Kaya's character--and found things to love in both her wild and her mild worlds. I highly recommend this book to dog lovers and those seeking a book to share as a family for some "extra" life skill, educating moments. I love Weber's writing style and her ability to share such a story from a dog's "voice"--and I look forward to sharing more books from her series in the coming weeks!

I received a copy of this book from the author or publisher for use in a blog review. All opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Wild to Mild.

Finished Reading