Kelly's Reviews > Master of the Mountain

Master of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair

251943
Apr 01, 2012

bookshelves: ebooks, free-ebooks, erotica, contemporary, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012, read-in-2014
Read 2 times. Last read February 9, 2014.

I adore Cherise Sinclair's books. She consistently treats both her Doms and subs with respect and shows the loving, trust-filled side of a D/s relationship. I hit a patch about a year or so ago where it seemed like all the BDSM-themed books I was picking up were using BDSM as a reason to abuse a main character and I was at the point where I was going to give up on the genre altogether. Then I happened to pick up one of Cherise's books. She breathed life into this genre for me and for that I thank her because this is one of my favorite bookish kinks* and I would have hated losing it.

As far as this book goes, Rebecca and Logan are smokin' hot together. He's a Dom who's afraid to let anybody get to close since he came back from the war. She's always thought of herself as a bit of a cold fish since she's never really been turned on by vanilla sex. Logan's dominance in the bedroom allows Rebecca to let loose and truly enjoy herself for the first time. It's both sexy and sweet as he teaches her to trust him and to accept this part of herself as normal.

Wonderfully written and respectful of both the BDSM lifestyle and characters, I am absolutely smitten with everything Cherise Sinclair writes.

*Just so we're clear, I don't use the word 'kink' to denote something bad. My other kinks include amnesiac vampires, #NakedWerewolves, @Rehvenge_BDB, and potential lovers being unexpectedly snowed in.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

02/09/14 reread - Liiiike. Logan's desire to teach Rebecca about BDSM is shiver-worthy. *thumbs up*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master of the Mountain.

Finished Reading
February 9, 2014 – Started Reading
February 9, 2014 – Finished Reading
February 10, 2014 – Shelved as: read-in-2014

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy at bookgoonie My 1st BDSM book. I trusted your review & I came away from it whole but tired. I needed a nap. Very bueno.

Kelly Amy wrote: "My 1st BDSM book. I trusted your review & I came away from it whole but tired. I needed a nap. Very bueno."

Yay! Cherise Sinclair is one of my favorite BDSM writers.