Rachel V.'s Reviews > No Remorse

No Remorse by MaryLynn Bast

Apr 01, 2012

bookshelves: for-review

I enjoyed this book. It is different than most werewolf books that I have read. It has other supernatural creatures in it also but they are not the main focus. I loved the characters in this book as well as the story line. It is an unusual and engaging read that will have you turning the pages to see what happens next.

The characters were well written and three dimensional. I enjoyed getting to know them as we move through the story. The main character, Amber, is tough, smart and self-sufficient. She is able to outwit her pursuers to stay ahead of them. She also possesses unusual abilities for a werewolf due to her birth and is just learning what she can do. Blake is also a strong character. He is smart, fair and loving but has enough sense to let Amber go when she needs to be by herself. The only thing I still have questions on is Adam. He has a gift also but it seems that it is just accepted. We don’t know how or why and we aren’t given much information. I am hoping that maybe he is in the next book?

The plot of this book was unique to me and I enjoyed it. We got to discover Amber’s past and abilities as she discovered them herself. There were several villains in this story and each was dealt with appropriately and as I would envision a wolf pack would handle it. I found the storyline interesting and kept me reading on.

All in all really good book and I would recommend that you buy it! I give it 5 stars. I will read the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Remorse.

April 1, 2012 – Started Reading