Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Magicmals: The Beginning

Magicmals by April Enciso

19253213

bookshelves: middle-grade, children-s, adventure, fantasy, magic-elementals, review-requests

Magicmals: The Beginning by April Enciso is an adventurous and very entertaining new children's book that you simply cannot miss.

I am a cat person through and through. And coincidentally my very first furball's name is Eva too! So I had to read this book and there was no way that I wouldn't have liked it. But keeping my personal bias aside, this book has so much to offer its readers that it would make for a perfect read for kids. It is full of adventures, perils, drama, magic as well as beautifully portrayed friendships.

I personally feel that nowadays there should be more books like this in order to make children understand that even animals have feelings. This book would help make children not only considerate towards animals but will also teach them to empathise with animals.

Technically, I feel that the writing could have been a bit more polished but this is my first book by the author and hopefully, we'll see improvement in the next instalment of this series. But to be honest the plot more than made up for it, therefore I loved every bit of this book and would recommend it to all middle-graders and also adults who love animals, especially cats.

You can also read this review on www.thereadingbud.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magicmals.

November 9, 2019 – Started Reading